Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Have to learn how to do this properly and other thoughts

This morning, I wanted to finish the post I began yesterday. I went looking for my saved draft and actually found it but I couldn't figure out how to continue writing it. I decided that perhaps I needed to post it and then edit it but that didn't work so now I have an unfinished post cluttering my page. Oh well, there's an unfinished picture of George Washington that is quite famous and after all, how many people are actually going to read my blog?
Today should be a kick back, lazy day for me. Dina & Michael took three of their grandchildren across the state to an amusement park. Barb is still trying to get over her sickness which had her in bed most of the day yesterday. I'm up in the air about giving my step-son Pete my laptop and replacing it with a new one. I don't mind doing it but my fear is that he'll never use it and also I'm a month away from Windows 7 coming out. I hear it's far superior to Vista. Heck, Windows 95 was superior to Vista. Well, maybe not.
Yesterday, I finally spoke with Jim Summerville, CPA who does Metro Club's annual Form 990. Since he complemented me on the shape of Metro's records, he's my new best friend. We had a nice chat about Metro Club and I was able to help him with the compliance section of his 990. Maybe he thinks I'm his best friend since I offered up some good ideas (in his words)that he never thought about. Nice to know I can still hold my own with active accountants.
I saw a tab where you can monetize your blogs by allowing an advertisement on your page. My guess is that you get paid for every different person reading your post. I wonder if I can set that up and then email everyone I know to read my blog just to see how many hits I can generate. If everyone I know sends it to the folks in their address book............. I'm not sure I want a lot of unknowns reading my thoughts anyway. After all, they might grab David Fowler's chili recipe!
Speaking of chili. My son-in-law, Byron makes the best chili that I've ever tasted. He claims he just throws stuff in but it's consistently good stuff. I have to sit and watch him do it like I did with Bud Kenyon's sausage gravy.

No comments: