Friday, August 28, 2009

It's been awhile

Recently, my beloved daughter, Patti Anne began her own blog and I felt a bit ashamed of dropping my own blog waaaaaaaaaay back when. I hope to resurrect it with this first post.

Currently, Barb & I remain in Michigan. We arrived in early July and it is now late August. Several reasons why:
1. Florida summers are hot and miserable.
2. We promised Barb's niece, Amber that we attend her wedding. (I wish she made it earlier)
3. Barb & I will have Father Tom at St Ben's bless our marriage in a ceremony to coincide with our 30th anniversary. Wow, 30 years!
If I go back to last December, we have spent 7 of 9 months here. A month in December where we celebrated Christmas and then I worked on Metro Club. We left in January to go home when our burglary took place but returned just after the first of February to help Dina & Michael with their tax business. We went home in mid-May for 6 weeks and then returned. I think we are more comfortable in Michigan than Florida. At least more comfortable than living in Ft Pierce. I believe it's time to bite the bullet and sell out in Ft Pierce. I'd like to get a small apartment in Michigan where we would be on our own but still close to family. I would be closer to drive to Albany as well. I'd like to be able to spend more time with Patti Anne so that Alice will be more comfortable with me. She is such a little cutie.
Today is an icky, rainy day good for reading and net surfing only. I am still trying to diet but feel that the current one is not really good for losing weight. It used to be so easy to drop 10 - 15 lbs. now it's murder. I think exercise is the answer but my back is not allowing much of that. I may have to try Atkins, Weight Watchers or that stupid cabbage soup diet. I am really sick of diets though. I haven't had a beer in two weeks or better and football season is coming up soon. What to do? What to do?
I have to set a goal of calling my mother more often. I called her several times and left messages at least 4 times but finally got through to her yesterday. We spoke for 28 minutes. I am sad that I can let a couple of weeks go by without making a concerted effort to call her, I have to do better than that.

No comments: